Migrate your stacks across data centers
Do you want to move your stack from one cloud vendor or region to another? Follow the steps below for a seamless transition between stacks.
- Reduce the TTL of your DNS to 5 minutes, and leave it for 24 hours so that it has time to propagate the network.
- Clone your source stack and deploy it to the new datacenter. This will save any environment variables you had configured on the source stack.
- Migrate your data across. Depending on your requirements (eg. you have a live app), you could do one of the following:
- When you're happy with this new stack, simply switch your DNS over to it. As the TTL is 5 minutes (set earlier), it should take effect quickly.
- If you followed step 3a above, switch the target database from being a slave to a master (as outlined in the database replication between stacks documentation).